WSCC Highways team are responsible for most roads-related issues, including problems with road condition, drainage, safety/speed limits etc. Concerns about road safety that would require changes to speed limits normally need to be raised via the parish council – and it helps to have as much evidence of the problem as possible.

To report emergency issues such as:

  • dangerous potholes
  • fallen trees that are blocking a road or pavement
  • any other obstruction or spillage blocking a road or pavement
  • drain/inspection covers that are missing.
    Phone 01243 642105

Non-emergency problems

Please report problems such as: road flooding, overgrown vegetation and damaged pavements on Love West Sussex

Problems regarding potholes should be reported on the WSCC Roads & Travel page

Footpaths & Bridleways

Walk, Cycle, Ride
We want as many people as possible to have the pleasure and health benefits of exploring West Chiltington’s lovely scenery on foot, bike or on horseback.

This page gives access to information, maps, links to fault reporting & volunteering opportunities. West Sussex County Council provides a comprehensive set of resources for walkers, cyclists and equestrians

To report a problem with a Public Right of Way in West Sussex 

West Sussex County Council provide an online footpath mapping system called imap, which is available on the following link –  imap

Fly Tipping

Horsham District Council are responsible for removing illegally dumped waste from public land and can be reported on the Horsham District Council website.  The removal of illegally dumped waste from private land is the responsibility of the landowner.