Notice of Vacancy for Parish Councillor
- NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that due to the resignation of Councillor Marshall Monks a vacancy for a parish councillor exists.
- A by-election to fill a vacancy will be held if within 14 days (not counting a Saturday or Sunday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Good Friday, or a Bank Holiday) from the date below (ie by 6th January 2021) ten electors for the parish give notice in writing claiming such an election to the Proper Officer. The Proper Officer for the purpose of Electoral matters is The Returning Officer.
- However By virtue of the Coronavirus Act 2020 and The Local Government and Police and Crime Commissioner (Coronavirus)(Postponement of Elections and Referendums) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020 if a by-election is requested, it will not currently take place, and the vacancy will be held open until the by-election takes place. The 2020 regulations provide for the by election to take place on the date for the Ordinary Election of Councillors due to be held on Thursday 6 May 2021. However, this date may be brought forward or deferred by the Government depending upon the circumstances. Any election that is in due course called will be duly publicised as required by law.
- The Address of the Returning Officer is :-
Horsham District Council
West Sussex RH12 1RL
- If no such notice is given, the Parish Council will fill the vacancy by co-option and persons interested should notify the Clerk to the Parish Council.
Date: 10th December 2020