STEELE CLOSE, WEST CHILTINGTON –
Press Release – please click here for a copy of the press release from the Rural Housing Trust
Latest communication from Saxon & Weald
Latest communication from Westbridge Construction
Letter – 3rd September 2018
The building has started of 14 new dwellings, 6 of which will be Shared Ownership affordable houses at Steele Close. There will also be 2 flats and 6 houses for rent through Saxon Weald. Please look out for the Marketing Launch in the next couple of months and tell anyone you know with a close connection to West Chiltington and who may be interested in purchasing or renting one of these properties.
Rural Housing Trust Ltd specialises in rural shared ownership housing – affordable housing for local people. If you would like to apply for one of these new homes, you can go to their website for information – www.ruralhousing.org.uk and our Parish Clerk can also take names of those interested. These homes are aimed exclusively at people with a local close connection for the first 3 months of marketing.
The restrictions on sale to local people are for a period of 3 months from the date of the marketing launch, planned for September/October. The term ‘Close Connection’ usually means one or more of the following:
- currently living in the parish (sometimes for a period of years)
- previous residence in the parish (sometimes for a period of years)
- close relatives currently live in the parish
- current permanent employment in the parish
- about to take up permanent employment in the parish
- Any of the above criteria for another parish listed in the Planning Agreement, which are normally the adjacent parishes.
A full site plan can be viewed here